Skip to Content

Home contents insurance

As part of being our tenant, we provide your building insurance, but what about your contents?

Contents insurance covers you against loss or damage of your items caused by theft, fire, storms, lightning, flooding or other water leakage, as well as explosions or earthquakes.

If the worst should happen and something valuable in you home is lost, stolen or damaged, it's important to have your contents insured for piece of mind.

My Home Contents Insurance is a contents insurance package provided by Thistle Insurance. It's a preferred supplier of this type of insurance for social housing tenants by The National Housing Federation.

Their standard package includes as standard:

  • Cover for theft, water damage, fire and many more household risks
  • Cover for tenants improvements (up to £2,000 or 20% of the sum insured, whichever is greater)
  • Cover for contents in sheds, outbuildings and garages (up to £2,000)
  • Cover for accidental damage to TV’s (excludes electronic or mechanical breakdown or failure)

Visit Thistle's website or call 0345 450 7288 for more information and to get a quote.