The recent guidance from the Government, which also extends to home moving, makes clear that anyone who wishes to move can do so. As a result, we’re looking to lift some restrictions to help restart our lettings programme.
Despite this new advice, customers who are self-isolating or shielding should avoid moving unless it’s essential.
To make property viewings and sign ups as safe as possible, we’re introducing strict social distancing measures to ensure your safety as well as that of our colleagues.
If your allocated one of our properties, here’s what you can expect.
- Before you move, we’ll call you to see if you’re ready and explain the process to you in full. You can also ask any questions you may have.
- Whilst viewing the property, we’ll be observing strict social distancing measures. For example, we’ll open the door and let you view the property without us entering.
- If you accept the home you’ve been allocated, we’ll arrange to meet you there to give you the keys. Whilst we’re there, at a safe distance, we’ll explain the basics like how to work your boiler and where to find your stop taps.
- Signing documents like tenancy agreements will all be done electronically.
- When you’re in your new home, we’ll call you once you’ve settled in to see how you’re getting on and if we can do anything to help.
We've created a quick video guide to explain these changes and how the process of moving into your home will work.