Support for older people
We support older people to continue to live independently and safely in their own homes. Together with our partners, we're able to offer a wide range of high quality housing support services throughout North Somerset.
Our support workers can help you to:
- make informed choices about your housing situation
- settle successfully into a new home - for example arranging removals, finding furniture and essential household items, setting up utility accounts
- develop skills so you can manage safely in your home
- claim the welfare benefits that you are entitled to
- access aids and adaptations for your home
- access health and social services, and other specialist agencies
- deal with financial problems such as rent arrears or other debt
- find advice and help on accessing volunteering, education and training opportunities
- access activities and groups that help reduce social isolation
The service is funded by North Somerset Council. You don't have to live in one of our homes to be able to access our support services.